So in 2021, you were a bit relaxed, taking things easy, waiting to get a job, waiting for that answered prayer, well it’s time to take the bull by the horn and be the answer to your own prayer in 2022.
Maybe you’ve prioritized everyone above yourself. Not a bad thing if you ask me, we live for others, but truly, can you be of help to someone when you haven’t learnt to love yourself? If you don’t embrace yourself, how do you embrace others?
Or just maybe, you were sulking over the fact that you lost a lot of friendships. Could it be that these friends were too immature and naive to realise how much their actions hurt you?
These 10 things I leave with you in 2022.
1. Prioritize yourself. You come first.
2. Go the extra mile with everything you do. Things are not handed to people easily these days. The forceful and determined one always wins.
3. Give second chances. Your friends are human too.
4. Have a positive mindset. Never take no for an answer! The doors were closed but the walls are coming down!
5. Eat healthy. What you eat affects your mood, your confidence and your personality. People see through you when you’re not happy with your body.
6. Get over things quickly. BP is real.
7. Save more often. Don’t use all your money on food and transport. You will still need food in 2023, and your fuel will not last till 2024. Your goals will still be there unattended to, so as often as possible, do some worthwhile investment, like giving your business a facelift or giving your home a new look.
8. Look out for mentors. People have their hands full these days, but you can learn a thing or two from your mentor’s social media. Before anyone can mentor you, they need to have a connection with you, so start by liking and commenting on their pictures. Mentors bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
9. Don’t make excuses for bad character. If people show you who they really are, believe them.
10. Hold on to God like no other. Talk to Him when brushing your teeth, when you see something funny in His world or when you see that mad man from across the street. He would be so happy to know that He’s a part of your life, on the good days as much as the bad ones.